Sarah Ferguson was reportedly in talks to appear on I’m A Celebrity… Get Me Out Of Here before a major disagreement ended the discussions.
The jungle show is set to return to TV screens on Sunday, November 19.
ITV recently announced the star-studded line-up earlier this week, which includes celebrities such as Marvin Humes, Sam Thompson and Jamie Lynn Spears.
View this post on Instagram
The Sun has since reported that The Duchess of York was in talks to appear Down Under.
However, the talks fell through after the 64-year-old allegedly wanted producers to ensure she was not asked about her ex-husband Prince Andrew, who she still lives with despite divorcing in 1996.
A senior executive producer for ITV told the publication: “Execs pulled out all the stops to get a huge name and were agonisingly close to sealing the deal with the Duchess.”
“But part of the attraction of getting someone with an interesting life story is that there’s always the possibility of sharing it with the campmates.”
“For Fergie, the prospect of being put on the spot with millions watching at home was just too much. Neither side was willing to budge in the end.”
However, a spokesperson for the Duchess has shut down these claims and said: “There has been no such approach, she did not consider appearing and no discussions of the sort suggested have taken place.”
If Sarah appeared on the show she would have followed in the footsteps of Mike Tindall, the husband of King Charles’ niece Zara Tindall, who starred in the 2022 series.
The former rugby star remained discrete about his royal connections during his time in the Australian jungle.