Cristiano Ronaldo has finally opened up about allegations of rape against him.
The famed footballer was accused of rape in a Las Vegas hotel room back in 2009 – but the sports star has constantly denied the claims.
Speaking to Piers Morgan on Good Morning Britain, Ronaldo said he was “embarrassed” about the claims.
“Rape is an abominable crime that goes against everything that I am and believe in,” he said in an emotional interview.
‘I felt embarrassed.’
Cristiano Ronaldo opens up to @piersmorgan about the shame he felt when he was accused of rape.
— Good Morning Britain (@GMB) September 16, 2019
This July police in Nevada said they didn’t have enough evidence to bring the charges against Ronaldo forward.
Last month his legal team did admit they paid the Kathryn Mayorga a 350k settlement, despite denying the rape allegation.
“They play with your dignity. It’s hard. You have a girlfriend, you have a family. You have kids. When they play with your honesty, it’s bad, it’s hard,” the footballer added.
“One day I was at home in the living room with my girlfriend and then the news they speak about Cristiano Ronaldo, this and that.
“You listen to you kids coming down the stairs and you change the channel because I was embarrassed. I feel embarrassed.
“It makes you feel so bad,” he added.