James Arthur is quitting Twitter following years of online abuse.
The star recently said that his career has never been taken seriously due to being an X Factor winner – a comment which trolls have used to harass the singer.
James won The X Factor in 2012.
The musician today revealed that his account will be managed by a member of his entourage.
He wrote this morning: “Have to be honest some of the things I read on here go a bit too far and quite frankly f*ckin hurt, if that was your goal you win. Maybe I should have thicker skin at this point I don’t know but either way this is my last tweet, I’m logging off. Peace out Twitter friends.
“All posts will be done by digital team moving forward.”
“Thanks for all the love and support shown by fans on this platform over the years it’s been emotional but I’ve gotta delete this app. Much love and respect JA.”
All posts will be done by digital team moving forward. Thanks for all the love and support shown by fans on this platform over the years it’s been emotional but I’ve gotta delete this app. Much love and respect JA
— James Arthur 🦉 (@JamesArthur23) November 17, 2019
Touching on his career, he previously told The Sun:
“I don’t know whether the music industry really wants an X Factor winner to reach the kind of heights I have.”
“There’s a lot of guys that come up and have a lot of success very quickly and get a lot of accolades, that are doing a pretty similar thing to what I’m doing.
“I’d be lying if I said that didn’t hurt sometimes ’cause I’m still here and I feel like the quality of what I’m doing is above a lot of these guys who get so much praise.”