Carl Woods has broken his silence on social media, amid reports he’s split from Katie Price.
The couple confirmed their romance in June last year, and got engaged back in April following a whirlwind romance.
But last week, The Sun reported that Katie and Carl had split – after she allegedly told guests at the National Television Awards that she was “single”.
Speaking on his Instagram Story on Tuesday night, Carl said: “I’ve not been on Instagram for a long, long time. Let me tell you this past month has been one of the roughest of my life…”
“I had to go into hiding and shut down. If I wasn’t a stronger person in the head it would absolutely have defeated me.”
“So everyone who abused me and everyone said vile things about me, just because of what they read in the paper and how the paper decide to make it look like for their own stories.”
“Everyone just remember who I am and all the things I did at the start when I first came onto the scene, that’s all I can say,” the 32-year-old continued.
“I’m a good fella. I’ve always been a good fella and always will be a good fella. Anyone who thinks anything different of me, when you know the truth and I’m allowed to tell the truth, you’ll be eating your words.”
“I just hope everyone who had the balls to abuse me has the balls to say sorry. That is what I ask because I’ve screen shotted every single one of you.”
“And finally just as I said in my story last time, I come under so much speculation and so much vile abuse because of how the media was played.”
“I have never and would never, ever do a thing to hurt Katie, never,” he said. “Never ever, ever, have I felt so low. I’ve never been involved in this media world before…”
“Pointing fingers at people and people jump on the bandwagon and say the most vile things with no factual information whatsoever.”
Katie and Carl’s split was reported just weeks after police were called to her home in Essex at around 1.30am on Monday, August 23.
The former glamour model was taken to hospital with facial injuries after the alleged incident, and her engagement ring was reportedly stolen.
A man in his 30s was subsequently arrested on suspicion of assault, theft and coercive and controlling behaviour, but was later released on bail.
Speaking about the alleged attack, Katie told The Sun: “I’ve got a big bruise, my face is all puffy, and I went to hospital. I’m still all dazed. I’m devastated.”
“I’ve told police that I was assaulted, and am in shock that this happened. I ran away after being punched — I ran to Harvey’s house nearby and have now done damage to my feet, which I previously injured.”
“The fight was unprovoked — I was just sitting there watching telly when the assault happened. I can’t say any more,” she added.
When contacted for a comment at the time, Katie’s rep told Goss.ie: “As this is still under police investigation we’re unable to comment.”