Former JLS star arrested after fan accuses him of rape


JLS star Oritsé ­Williams has been arrested and questioned by police after a fan accused him of raping her.

The 20-year-old woman has claimed that she met the singer, who shot to fame with boyband JLS on The X Factor, at the Gorgeous club in Wolverhampton after one of his gigs.

According to The Sun, the woman told police that she and a friend were invited back to a hotel by Oritsé, where they drank with the 30-year-old singer and his friend.

A source said, “The girl and her friend are both massive JLS and Oritsé fans. Apparently Oritsé wasn’t drinking at the club. They agreed to go back to his hotel with him and a friend he was with. The club was open until 6am. The girls were both drinking there.”


Suspect: Oritsé has been accused of rape | TWITTER

“They eventually left the room but once outside they realised they had left behind coats and, more importantly, a handbag with a purse in it containing their taxi money to get home.

“One of the girls knocked on the door saying she wanted to retrieve her stuff and was let back in. It’s then she says she was raped.

“Police were called to the hotel shortly afterwards to a report of rape and Williams was arrested there,” the source added.

Police have confirmed that they are probing the alleged assault, which took place in the early hours of December 2.

Oritsé’s gig was part of a tour to promote his remixed 2015 solo Waterline album, which he performed at 3am.


Trouble: Oritsé was questioned by police | TWITTER

Malcolm Connell, spokesman for 10 Worlds Music which looks after Williams, did not respond when contacted by The Sun.

West Midlands Police have confirmed that a rape investigation had been launched and a suspect had been questioned, but confirmed that no charges have been brought yet.

Oritsé was once part of chart-topping boyband JLS alongside Aston Merrygold, Marvin Humes and JB Gill – who rose to fame on The X Factor in 2008.

The band achieved four UK top three albums and five UK number one singles, but split in December 2013 after a farewell tour.