Katie Price has flown to Turkey with her fiancé Carl Woods, after denying she called the police on him.
According to The Sun, the former glamour model jetted abroad on Wednesday for a short break away.
A source said: “Katie left for Turkey this morning – she needs a few days to clear her head after everything that’s been going on.”
“She’s going back to where she stayed after the surgery – she needs to relax and enjoy the sun for a few days.”
“She’ll be back for her make-up classes at the weekend, but needed to get away for a few days.”
The news comes just hours after Katie defended Carl on social media, amid an ongoing police investigation into her alleged assault.
Last month, a man in his 30s was arrested on suspicion of assault, theft and coercive and controlling behaviour after an alleged incident that took place at Katie’s home, but he was later released on bail.
In an Instagram video shared on Wednesday, Carl admitted that the past month has been “the roughest of his life”, and insisted he would “never, ever do a thing to hurt Katie”.
He said: “I just hope everyone who had the balls to abuse me has the balls to say sorry… I have never and would never, ever do a thing to hurt Katie, never…”
“Never ever, ever, have I felt so low. I’ve never been involved in this media world before…Pointing fingers at people and people jump on the bandwagon and say the most vile things with no factual information whatsoever.”
View this post on Instagram
Commenting on Carl’s post, Katie wrote: “FACT ,I’ve ALWAYS said DONT believe everything you read in the media and what Carl is saying is true .FACT I’ve NEVER called the police on Carl.”
“My police investigation I’m currently going through to a incident a few weeks ago is not to do with Carl . This mans mental health is so low and easy to say suicidal . Someone played what they thought was a clever game and involved the media with inaccurate information.”
She added the hashtag #HarveysLaw, referring to her proposed law which would make it illegal to troll or abuse others online, inspired by her son Harvey.
Speaking about the alleged attack last month, Katie told The Sun: “I’ve got a big bruise, my face is all puffy, and I went to hospital. I’m still all dazed. I’m devastated.”
“I’ve told police that I was assaulted, and am in shock that this happened. I ran away after being punched — I ran to Harvey’s house nearby and have now done damage to my feet, which I previously injured.”
“The fight was unprovoked — I was just sitting there watching telly when the assault happened. I can’t say any more,” she added.
View this post on Instagram
When contacted for a comment at the time, Katie’s rep told Goss.ie: “As this is still under police investigation we’re unable to comment.”
Katie and Carl confirmed their romance in June last year, and got engaged back in April.
Weeks after the alleged assault, The Sun reported that Katie and Carl had split – after she allegedly told guests at the National Television Awards that she was “single”.