There are TONS of new TV shows and films coming to Netflix this month.
From Halloween horror films to classic romcoms, bizarre dating shows to true crime documentaries, there is something for everyone to watch.
Check out everything joining the streaming giant in October:
- 27 Steps of May (2018) – Drama about a woman slowly rebuilds her life after a traumatic sexual experience.
- Anatomy (2000) – Paula, a medical student, wins a place in a summer course at a legendary hospital. At the hospital, Paula discovers that a secret society has been conducting gruesome experiments on humans.
- A Sinister Sect: Colonia Dignidad (Season 1) – Spanish language docuseries.
- Addams Family Values – Family members of a strange household try to rescue Uncle Fester from his gold-digging wife who also happens to be a serial killer whose speciality is killing rich men to collect their inheritance.
- Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me (1999) – The first movie in the Austin Powers franchise.
- Body of Lies (2008) – Ridley Scott thriller starring Leonardo DiCaprio and Russell Crowe. A CIA agent uncovers a lead on a major terrorist leader. However, when he devises a plan with the help of his boss Hoffman to trap Al-Saleem, things take an ugly turn.
- Carlito’s Way (1993) – A former convict is released from prison and sets out to better himself. At least that was the plan. Starring Al Pacino.
- Clueless – 1995 rom-com starring Alicia Silverstone.
- Creeped Out (Season 2) – A series of spellbinding, enchanting and intriguing tales that will bring chills to the back of the neck. Different characters must navigate their way through the unexplained.
- Contagion (2011) – The death of Beth Emhoff and her son leads to the discovery of a deadly virus. While the US Centers for Disease Control struggles to curb its spread, worldwide panic ensues.
- Dawn of the Dead (2004) – Survivors of an epidemic which causes the infected to turn into flesh-eating zombies take refuge in a shopping mall. In addition to battling the undead, they also have to tackle problems from within.
- Diana: The Musical (2021) – A live taping of the broadway performance about Princess Diana.
- Effie Gray (2014) – Biopic on the love triangle between John Ruskin, John Everett Millais, and Euphemia Gray. Starring Daktota Johnson.
- Fight Club (1999) – Brad Pitt and Edward Norton star in this film about an officer worker and a soap maker who start up an underground fight club.
- Forever Rich (2021) – Aspiring rapper Richie closes in on his big break before a group of armed robbers take his watch.
- Halloween Franchise including:
- Halloween (1978)
- Halloween II (1981)
- Halloween III: Season of the Witch (1982)
- Halloween 4: The Return of Michael Myers (1988)
- Halloween 5: The Revenge of Michael Myers (1989)
- Heat (1995) – Al Pacino and Robert De Niro co-star in this crime thriller set in Los Angeles.
- Inside Job (2010) – Documentary on the 2008 financial crisis, narrated by Matt Damon.
- Jumper (2008) – A genetic anomaly allows a young man to teleport himself anywhere. While he uses his powers to rob banks, he comes to the attention of the Paladins who intend to kill him.
- Killer Women with Piers Morgan (Season 1) – Documentary series where Piers Morgan visits maximum security prisons to talk to female inmates.
- Knight and Day (2010) – Tom Cruise and Cameron Diaz team up for this action-comedy about a fugitive couple on the run.
- Love & Other Drugs (2010) – Anne Hathaway and Jake Gyllenhaal star in this rom-com about a medicine peddler who falls in love with someone suffering from Parkinson’s.
- Love You To Death (2019) – Lifetime TV movie about a mother and daughter’s relationship turning fatal. Starring Marcia Gay Harden.
- Maid (Limited Series) – Comedy drama from Molly Smith Metzler based on the New York Times best seller.
- Marley & Me (2008) – Owen Wilson and Jennifer Aniston star in this heartbreaking film about a beloved dog.
- Oats Studio (Volume 1) – A collection of short films from director Neill Blomkamp.
- Paik’s Spirit (Season 1) – Korean talk show.
- Pavlova – A Woman for all Time (1983) – Film following the triumphs and missteps of one of ballet’s biggest stars.
- Saving Private Ryan (1998) – During the Normandy invasion of World War II, Captain John Miller is assigned the task of searching for Private James Ryan, whose three brothers have already been killed in the war.
- Scaredy Cats (Season 1) – A new kids series about various witches.
- Seinfeld (Seasons 1-9) – The entire collection of the classic US sitcom headlined by Jerry Seinfeld.
- Shaun of the Dead (2004) – Shaun is a salesman whose life has no direction. However, his uneventful life takes a sudden turn when he has to singlehandedly deal with an entire community of zombies.
- Shutter Island (2010) – Teddy Daniels and Chuck Aule, two US marshals, are sent to an asylum on a remote island in order to investigate the disappearance of a patient, where Teddy uncovers a shocking truth about the place.
- Spider-man (2002) – Peter Parker’s life changes when he is bitten by a genetically altered spider and gains superpowers. He uses his powers to help people and finds himself facing the Green Goblin, an evil maniac.
- Swallow (2021) – Nollywood thriller.
- The Amazing Spider-Man (2012) – The first of the Andrew Garfield Spider-man movies.
- The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (2014) – The second and final Andrew Garfield Spider-Man entry.
- The Crowned Clown (Season 1) – Korean historical drama series.
- The Green Mile (1999) – Tom Hanks star in this drama about guards working on Death Row. Based on the Stephen King novel.
- The Guilty (2021) – Jake Gyllenhaal headlines this new thriller about a police call dispatcher who faces his toughest challenge in his career to date.
- The Haunting (1999) – Horror starring Liam Neeson. Dr Marrow enlists Theo, Luke and Nell for a study of sleep disorders at the Hill House. As soon as the terrifying truth about the mansion is revealed, everyone is found fighting for their lives.
- The Haunting in Connecticut (2009) – Horror about a family experiencing supernatural behavior.
- The Rite (2011) – Anthony Hopkins horror about a seminary student traveling to Italy to take an exorcism course.
- The Seven Deadly Sins: Cursed by Light (2021) – Feature-film based on The Seven Deadly Sins series.
- The Terminal (2004) – Tom Hanks stars in this film about a man is stranded in an airport with no way out.
- The Town (2010) – Ben Affleck stars in this crime thriller about a group of thieves robbing a bank where things get complicated.
- Till Death (2021) –After a romantic evening in their secluded lake house, Emma (Megan Fox) awakens handcuffed to her dead husband. Trapped and isolated in the dead of winter, she must fight off hired killers to escape her husband’s twisted plan.
- V for Vendetta (2005) – In a futuristic, totalitarian Britain, a freedom fighter known simply as V, uses terrorist tactics to fight the oppressive society. Evey aids him in his mission to bring down the government.
- Scissor Seven (Season 3) N – Chinese anime series.
- Simply Raymond Blanc (Season 1) – Food docuseries about a Michelin-starred chef sharing his secret recipes for the first time.
- On My Block (Season 4) – The final season of On My Block, set two years after the events of season 3.
- Adult Material (Limited Series) – Channel 4 limited series about a mum-of-three navigating the changing world of adult entertainment.
- Bad Hair (2020) – Hulu Original horror movie about a young woman who gets a hair weave that seems to have a mind of its own.
- Escape The Undertaker (Interactive Special) – WWE interactive special.
- Remember You (Season 1) – Thai mystery series.
- Bad Sport (Volume 1) – True crime and sports intersect in a docuseries that examines global controversies and scandals with firsthand accounts from those involved.
- Baking Impossible (Season 1 – First 6 Episodes) – A new baking competition series where bakers and engineers team up to try and win $100k.
- Love is Blind: Brazil (Season 1) – A new international spin-off of the Netflix reality series.
- The Five Juanas (Season 1) – Mexican drama series about five women who share the same birthmark.
- There’s Someone Inside Your House (2021) – Horror thriller about a school year being targeted by a masked assailant.
- The Billion Dollar Code (Limited Series) – German legal thriller miniseries.
- Sexy Beasts (Season 2) – Bizarre dating series where singletons go on dates in full prosthetics.
- The Ingenuity of the Househusband (Season 1) – A tough guy with a knack for housework tackles household tasks with meticulous care.
- The Way of the Househusband (Part 2) – Japanese anime series.
- A Tale of Dark & Grimm (Season 1) – Animated kids series based on the book series from Adam Gidwitz following Hansel and Gretel.
- Angeliena (2021) – South African drama.
- Family Business (Season 3) – In this comedy series, a Paris family decides to turn its declining kosher butcher shop into the first French marijuana coffee shop.
- House of Secrets: The Burari Deaths (Limited Series) – Docuseries that looks into the theories around the deaths of a Delhi family.
- My Brother, My Sister (2021) – Italian drama where a fathers will has forced siblings to connect.
- Pokemon the Movie: Secrets of the Jungle (2021) – Animated movie set in the Pokemon universe coming exclusively to Netflix globally.
- Pretty Smart (Season 1) – Book-smart Chelsea discovers she has a lot to learn about happiness after moving in with her bubbly sister and three roommates.
- The Lighthouse (2019) – Starring Robert Pattinson and Willem Dafoe. In a remote island, Ephraim Winslow arrives as a lighthouse keeper and assists his elderly supervisor, Thomas Wake. As days pass, Winslow is haunted by strange and mysterious visions.
- Blue Period (Season 1 – New Episodes) – Teen drama anime series about a high schooler who finds inspiration in art.
- The Last Black Man in San Francisco (2019) – Jimmie Fails, a young man, dreams of being a permanent resident of San Francisco and seeks his friend Montgomery’s help to regain an ancient home built by his grandfather.
- Behind the Players – German documentary taking you behind the scenes of professional football through the eyes of an agent.
- Lee & Cindy C. (2015) – Belgium musical comedy.
- The Atom: A Love Affair (2019) – Documentary that takes a look back at the love-hate relationship the west has had with nuclear power.
- The Magic of the Diary of Anne Frank – Dutch documentary on the historical figure Anne Frank.
- Shazam! (2019) – DC movie led by Zachary Levi about a boy who is granted the power to become a super-powered adult.
- The Baby-Sitters Club (Season 2) – Season two of the Tween dramedy.
- Bright: Samurai Soul (2021) – New anime spin-off based on Netflix’s 2017 movie Bright.
- Convergence: Courage in a Crisis (2021) – While COVID-19 exacerbates vulnerabilities across the world, unsung heroes in all levels of society help the tide turn toward a brighter future.
- Making Malinche: A Documentary by Nacho Cano (2021) – Making-of documentary on the new musical.
- The Movies That Made Us (Season 3) – Behind the scenes look at some of our favorite movies, including a selection of Halloween films.
- Fever Dream (2021) – Arthouse horror mystery.
- Violet Evergarden: The Movie (2020) – Anime feature-film set after the main series.
- A World Without (2021) – A sci-fi drama set in a future where dating is outlawed.
- Another Life (Season 2) – Katee Sackhoff returns in this space drama about an astronaut facing new dangers as the story continues.
- One Night in Paris (2021) – Stand-up special that brings together the biggest French talents in the stand-up world.
- Slashers (2001) – Horror movie about six contestants enter a game show where the only goal is to survive.
- CoComelon (Season 4) – More episodes of the animated series which originated on YouTube.
- Karma’s World (Season 1) – New animated kids musical series from producer Ludacris.
- Little Things (Season 4) – Indian romantic comedy returns for a fourth season.
- Monk Comes Down the Mountain (2015) – Martial arts action movie directed by Kaige Chen.
- My Name (Season 1) – Korean thriller series.
- Sharkdog’s Fintastic Halloween (2021) – Halloween special of the kid’s animated show.
- Spider-Man 3 (2007) – The final entry in the Raimi trilogy of Spider-Man movies.
- The Forgotten Battle (2021) – Dutch World War 2 movie about the Battle of the Scheldt.
- The Four of Us (2021) – German comedy about two couples having a four-week partner swap.
- The Trip (2021) – Norweigen action thriller about a couple who head to a cabin to reconnect, but both plan to murder each other.
- Unfaithful (2002) – Romance thriller starring Richard Gere. Connie, a married woman, bumps into Paul, a handsome stranger, and finds herself attracted to him. However, when she pursues an extra-marital affair with him, Edward, her husband, gets suspicious.
- You (Season 3) – The third season of the hit Netflix series, where Joe is now a father.
- Last Christmas (2019) – Emilia Clarke and Henry Golding star in this holiday rom-com.
- Luce (2019) – Ensemble thriller about a star athlete under attack for his controversial views on political violence.
- Misfit: The Series (Season 1) – Teen kids comedy series about a group of girls prepping for a school musical.
- Margaret Thatcher: The Iron Lady (2012) – Documentary on the Conservative leader who became the first female prime minister in the UK.
- Gabby’s Dollhouse (Season 3) – Dreamworks hybrid live-action animation series.
- In for a Murder (2021) – Mystery thriller about a stay-at-home mom and avid reader of crime stories discovering secrets of the residents in their small town.
- Found (2021) – Documentary about three adopted teenage girls who discover they are blood-related cousins.
- Night Teeth (2021) – A college student moonlighting as a chauffeur picks up two mysterious women for a night of party-hopping across LA. But when he uncovers their bloodthirsty intentions — and their dangerous, shadowy underworld — he must fight to stay alive.
- Insiders (Season 1 ) – A new Spanish reality series hosted by one of the stars of Money Heist.
- Komi Can’t Communicate (Season 1 – New Episodes Weekly) – Anime high school comedy.
- Life’s a Glitch with Julien Bam (Season 1) – German comedy series.
- Sex, Love & Goop (Season 1) – Reality series from Gwyneth Paltrow’s Goop company.
- Adventure Beast (Season 1) – Mockumentary adult-animated series about a brave zoologist.
- Inside Job (Season 1) – New animated series from the creators of Gravity Falls.
- Locke & Key (Season 2) – Following their father’s murder, three siblings move into a house filled with reality-bending keys; from the comics by Joe Hill and Gabriel Rodriguez.
- More than Blue: The Series (Season 1) – Romantic musical drama about a man with a terminal illness seeking to find his friend a long-term partner.
- Panihida (2012) – Romanian movie about the death of an old woman with people gathering to say their goodbyes.
- The Raincoat Killer: Chasing a Predator in Korea (Season 1) – True-crime docuseries about Yoo Young-chul – who operated in the early 2000s.
- Head Full of Honey (2018) – Drama about a young girl trying to help her grandfather who is suffering from Alzheimer’s.
- Luis Miguel – The Series (Season 3) – Third and final season of the biopic series.
- Army of Thieves (2021) – The prequel to Army of the Dead.
- Colin in Black and White (Limited Series) – Ava DuVernay’s new Netflix limited series looking at the career of the American Football player Colin Kaepernick.
- The Time It Takes (Season 1) – Spanish series.