Matthew MacNabb has tested positive for Covid-19, just days before he was set to make his debut on RTÉ’s Dancing With The Stars.
The 26-year-old, who appeared on Love Island last year, has been forced to pull out of the first show this weekend.
Matthew confirmed the news on Instagram, and said it was “not ideal” but reassured fans that he’s “all good”.
While the Belfast native won’t appear on the first episode of DWTS, bosses are hoping he’ll be back in action next week.
An RTÉ spokesperson told RSVP Live: “Matthew is now self-isolating following the latest government guidelines.”
“While Matthew will not be taking part in Dancing with the Stars this weekend, protocols mean that all being well he will perform on show two.”
Earlier today, it was confirmed Matthew would be partnered with professional dancer Laura Nolan for this year’s series.
Speaking about taking part in DWTS, he previously said: “I’m really excited to join the show, I love an adventure and when the opportunity to learn to dance came along it seemed like a great challenge to start off the New Year.”
“I’ve always wanted to learn to dance, so why not do it on live television?”
The new series of Dancing with the Stars premieres this Sunday, January 9, at 6.30pm on RTÉ One.