Kylie Jenner’s Irish hair stylist Andrew Fitzsimons has revealed how he achieved her effortlessly chic bun for the 2018 Met Gala.
The new mum stunning in a black Alexander Wang number, but it was her hair and makeup that tied everything together.
Speaking about Kylie’s Met Gala glam, Andrew said, “Kylie’s gorgeous Alexander Wang dress was both really interesting and beautifully simple. The moment I saw it, I knew we had to do either a ponytail or bun to keep the silhouette nice and clean.”
“Ultimately, we decided on a centered bun towards the back of the head. Instead of making it super sleek (since the dress is almost bodycon), we decided to make it very textured and have hairs framing her face in the front.”
“Because everything else is so structured, we wanted the hair to have an element of ease—almost as if she did it herself,” he added.
Check out how Andrew achieved Kylie’s Met look in his easy step-by-step guide:
- First, I gave her a sleek blowout with Paul Mitchell Extra Body Sculpting Foam. I chose this product so the blowout would have some body and not be too sleek.
- Next, I added in Luxy Hair Extensions to give the bun we created a bit of volume.
- I sectioned off the very front of her hair line and pulled everything else back into a bun using Paul Mitchell Extra Body Firm Finishing Spray, leaving the front of the hairline down.
- Sprayed all the down pieces around her hair line with Paul Mitchell INVISIBLEWEAR Undone Texture Hairspray.
- Next I pulled some of the front strands back to the bun, while leaving some hair down frame her face.
- I pulled out some additional pieces from the bun and sprayed them with Paul Mitchell Neon Sugar Tease Texture + Hold Teasing Hairspray.
- To add definition to the ends, I used a little bit of Paul Mitchell Super Skinny Serum on the pieces sticking out of the bun.
- Finally, I finished the look with Extra Body Firm Finishing Spray all over.
As for Kylie’s makeup, her longtime makeup artist Ariel has revealed exactly what he used on her face.
First, he primed the skin with the Bobbi Brown Vitamin Enriched Face base, Hydrating Face Cream, and Hydrating Eye Cream.
For foundation, Ariel used the Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Weightless Foundation in Golden Natural, and then the Bobbi Brown ‘Moon Glow’ highlighter, Golden Light bronzer, and Pretty Coral blush.
On to the eyes, Ariel used the Bobbi Brown ‘eye opening mascara’, and then moved on to Kylie’s own brand Kylie Cosmetics.
He used the Kylie Cosmetics Extended Bronze palette on her eyes, and then used the Dolce lip liner on her lips.
Watch our special Met Gala edition of #TheDailyGoss below: