Home Irish Showbiz George Hook’s chances of returning to the air are ‘slim to none’

George Hook’s chances of returning to the air are ‘slim to none’

The broadcaster was suspended by Newstalk earlier this week

SHARE
VIPIRELAND.COM

George Hook’s chances of returning to the air are “slim to none”, after the broadcaster was suspended by the station on Friday.

Sources say lawyers are determining whether the 76-year-old breached his contract due to the controversial comments he made about rape live on air.

However, it’s been reported that George doesn’t believe he was in breach of contract, and negotiations regarding his pay-off will take place next week.

A source told the Sunday Independent, “The hardest thing is to get somebody off the air. That has been done. George Hook is off the air.”

VIPIRELAND.COM

“Once they are off, the hardest thing for them is to get back on air. The chances of George Hook returning to the air at Newstalk are now slim to none.”

Now, there is growing concern amongst Newstalk staff that other shows will be affected by the controversy.

A source said, “All week our inboxes have been full of people saying ‘we really like your show but we can’t listen to Newstalk any more after what has happened’.

“Staff in here are nervous enough about their future and now with this backlash and sponsors pulling out some of us feel that George should do the decent thing and just go.”