Anne Doyle has revealed why she will not compete on Dancing With The Stars.
The popular programme was cancelled this year due to the coronavirus pandemic, but is expected to return with a brand new series early next year.
Speaking to Goss.ie at the official launch of the Vanishing Ireland with Turtle Bunbury podcast this morning, legendary broadcaster Anne admitted that while she was a big fan of DWTS, she would not be appearing on the show.
The 69-year-old said: “I’m afraid I’ve two left feet so no [I wouldn’t do it]. But I enjoy watching it.”
“I hope that it comes back soon because it’s a wonderfully entertaining show,” she added.
“It’s quite extraordinary how good people are, especially those who don’t have a background in dance. It’s amazing.”
A source told the Irish Sun last month: “Dancing With The Stars is a ready-made hit which just needs to be plugged.”
“RTE considered a number of alternative shows but they all faced the same Covid risks.”
“Hopefully by next January, there’ll be little Covid around and DWTS will run as normal,” the insider added.
Anne spoke to Goss.ie at the launch of the Vanishing Ireland with Turtle Bunbury podcast.
Author and Historian Turtle is creating a new series of interviews (in a podcast format) with Ireland’s over 70’s documenting the extraordinary lives of our older population in a way that celebrates the past while informing younger generations in shaping the future before.
The podcast, supported by SuperValu is calling on people to propose family members or friends over the age of 70, who would like to share their stories. Those who would like to put forward friends or family over 70’s, are asked to email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.vanishingireland.com before the closing date on Friday, 4th June 2021.