Prince Harry and Meghan Markle have responded to reports they’re filming a new reality show for Netflix.
Earlier this week, Page Six reported that the Duke and Duchess of Sussex were filming a “fly-on-the-wall documentary” about their lives, after they brought their own videographer on a recent trip to New York.
The report raised a lot of eyebrows, as the couple have regularly expressed their desire for more privacy since they stepped down as senior working members of the Royal family.
And here’s the video… pic.twitter.com/sE7ePqvgmA
— Claire Atkinson 🏴 (@claireatki) September 23, 2021
While many fans were excited about the prospect of a reality show starring the Duke and Duchess of Sussex, the couple’s rep has since denied the report.
In a statement to the Los Angeles Times, their spokesperson said: “The Duke and Duchess are not taking part in any reality shows.”
Harry and Meghan signed a major deal with Netflix last year, after founding their own production company.
The deal will allow them to make documentaries, docu-series, feature films, scripted shows and children’s programming for the popular streaming service.
After confirming their partnership with the streaming giant, Harry and Meghan released a statement saying that they hope create informative content.
“Our focus will be on creating content that informs but also gives hope,” they said at the time. “As new parents, making inspirational family programming is also important to us.”
Harry and Meghan also said Netflix’s “unprecedented reach” will help them share “impactful content that unlocks action.”
The couple currently live in Montecito, California with their son Archie and their three-month-old daughter Lilibet.