There is a lot of great TV shows and movies on TV and streaming services this weekend.
From the Eurovision Song Contest final to a new season of Netflix’s hit reality show Bling Empire, there is something for everyone to watch.
Take a look at our top picks to watch and stream in the coming days:
Friday, May 13th
- The Lincoln Lawyer Season 1 on Netflix. In David E. Kelley’s adaptation of Michael Connelly’s 2008 novel The Brass Verdict, an LA defence attorney works out of a chauffeur-driven Lincoln Town Car.
- Senior Year on Netflix. Rebel Wilson stars in this comedy as a former high school cheerleader who wakes up from a coma after 20 years and is desperate to return to high school to reclaim her status and become prom queen.
- Bling Empire (Season 2) on Netflix. This show follows the lives of a group of wealthy Asian-Americans living in Los Angeles.
- The Kids in the Hall Season 1 on Amazon Prime Video. The Canadian comedy sketch show is revived after nearly three decades – with Dave Foley, Kevin McDonald, Bruce McCulloch, Scott Thompson, and Mark McKinney returning for more skits.
- The Late Late Show on RTÉ 1 at 9:35pm. Ryan Tubridy hosts the light entertainment show, featuring a mix of celebrity guests, music, in-depth interviews and discussions on the stories that have the nation talking.
- I Feel Pretty on RTÉ 2 at 10pm. An insecure woman wakes from a fall believing she is the world’s most beautiful and capable woman. Comedy, starring Amy Schumer and Michelle Williams.
- The Zookeeper’s Wife on RTÉ 1 at 11:15pm. A Warsaw animal lover risks her life by helping to shield hundreds of Jews from the Nazis. True-life drama, starring Jessica Chastain.
Saturday, May 14th
- Home Advantage on RTÉ 1 at 7:10 pm. Quiz hosted by Jennifer Zamparelli in which one player from each of three teams is present in the studio while their families support from home.
- Britain’s Got Talent on Virgin Media One at 8pm. Ant and Dec host as more awe-inspiring and showstopping performers take to the stage to try to impress the judges and secure their place in the live semi-finals.
- Eurovision Song Contest 2022 on RTÉ 1 at 8pm. Marty Whelan coomentates on coverage of the 66th staging of the competition, hosted by Alessandro Cattelan, Laura Pausini and Mika at the PalaOlimpico in Turin.
- Kingsman: The Secret Service on RTÉ 2 at 9pm. A streetwise teenager is given the opportunity to work with a super-secret spy organisation. Action comedy based on a comic book, starring Colin Firth and Taron Egerton.
- Sleepless on Virgin Media Two at 9pm. A Las Vegas cop steals a shipment of cocaine from a casino boss, whose associates kidnap his son in retaliation. Action thriller, with Jamie Foxx and Michelle Monaghan.
- The Games: The Final on Virgin Media One at 9:20 pm. Holly Willoughby and Freddie Flintoff present the finals from Crystal Palace, with Alex Scott trackside.
Sunday, May 15th
- For Your Eyes Only on RTÉ 2 at 6:05 pm. James Bond has to locate a missing weapons system before it falls into the wrong hands, but a woman out for revenge threatens his mission. Spy thriller, with Roger Moore and Topol.
- The Making of The Mating Game – Behind the Scenes on RTÉ 2 at 8:30 pm. A look at how the nature documentary narrated by David Attenborough was created.
- Official Secrets on RTÉ 1 at 9:30 pm. Fact-based drama about the publication of a leaked GCHQ memo in the run-up to the Iraq war and the devastating consequences for the whistleblower. Keira Knightley stars.
- Idris Elba Meets Paul McCartney on Virgin Media One at 10:15pm. In a world exclusive, two of the biggest names in entertainment come together for a very special one-off show, as the music icon is interviewed by the Golden Globe-winning actor.