You can now book full trips on Airbnb, and Dublin will be one of the first cities to role out the new section.
The company have now add ‘Experiences’ to the thousands of homes available for booking. Dublin Experiences offer a chance for people to enjoy a different side of the city, and for locals to share their passions and interests with Irish and international visitors.
Chief Marketing Officer Jonathan Mildenhall at Oscailte made the announcement in the Airbnb Dublin office on Hanover Quay.
New: Airbnb ran a competition to stay in the Guinness Storehouse
“Trips is a people-powered platform that brings together where you stay, what you do, and the people you meet all in one place. Dublin is the 28th city to expand into Trips, with more set to launch worldwide before the end of the year,” Airbnb said in a statement.
Visitors and locals can choose from over 20 Dublin-based Experiences, bookable through the Trips platform and designed and led by local experts.
Highlights include exploring Dublin’s historic neighbourhoods, learning how to brew artisanal beer and trawling through the social-cultural and political life of LGBTQ Dublin.
In Dublin, the Experiences you can book, which start at 23 euros per person, cover everything from food, art, night life and more. Some Experiences include:
· The Liberties By Day: Explore Dublin’s historic neighbourhoods and hidden gems, and sample artisan products from cookie companies, freshly baked breads and the most delicious sausage rolls in Dublin
· An Untold Story: Join the ultimate walking tour of historic queer Dublin hosted by an activist and historian, as he explores the social-cultural and political life of LGBTQ Dublin
· Exploring Costume: Get a unique behind the scenes perspective on the workings of the Abbey Theatre costume department. After a backstage adventure, you’ll gain unprecedented access from the Head of Costume, who will talk you through her costume design process, allowing you unique access to sketchbooks, costume fitting pictures and the finished product
· Food Styling Workshop: Step inside a food styling workshop where you’ll learn to shoot from the best angles with light and shadow tips from a renowned international food stylist who has worked with some of the biggest names in the Irish food scene
· Folk Songs in Dublin: Gain insider access into the Dublin folk scene and local music pubs with a local musician
Check it out right here: www.airbnb.ie/host/experiences