Thomas Markle is still desperate to see his daughter following her marriage to Prince Harry.
The 74-year-old spoke to The Mail On Sunday for nine hours about his fear that the Royal Family would prevent him from seeing his grandchildren.
He also said life would be “easier” for Meghan if he died, which he believes he may soon.
“I’m really hurt that she’s cut me off completely,” he told the publication.
“I used to have a phone number and text number for her personal aides at the Palace, but after I said a few critical words about the Royal Family changing Meghan, they cut me off.”
“Those numbers were disconnected, they no longer work. I have no way of contacting my daughter,” he says.
“It’s her birthday on August 4 and I want to send her a card.”
“But if I send a birthday card to Kensington Palace, or wherever she’s living now, it’ll just be one among thousands. She’ll probably never see it.”
“I thought about sending it by Priority Mail Express, but the Palace would probably just soak it in water for three days to make sure it doesn’t explode.”
“It’s lucky I’m still alive,” he went on to reveal as he discussed hereditary health issues.
“The men in my family rarely live over 80 so I’d be surprised if I had another ten years. I could die tomorrow.”
“It wouldn’t be so bad. I have something of a Buddhist philosophy about death. Perhaps it would be easier for Meghan if I died.”
“Everybody would be filled with sympathy for her. But I hope we reconcile. I’d hate to die without speaking to Meghan again.”
“How tragic is that, to deprive a child of its grandfather because I said a few things critical of the Royal Family?”
“They’re just like a Monty Python sketch,” he remarked as he divulged that he believed he the royal family would never let him meet his grandchildren.
“Say a few critical words about the Royal Family and they put their fingers in their ears, cover their eyes and pull the blinds down.”
“They don’t want to know about it,” her self-proclaimed heartbroken father finished.
Meghan has not seen her father since before she married Prince Harry in May.
He was due to attend her royal wedding until it emerged that he had worked with a British member of the paparazzi to stage photos.
The former lighting director then had a heart attack due to the stress which was also reportedly faked by some sources close to him.
Since then he has been trying to get in contact with his daughter but to no avail.