Roxanne Pallett has admitted she considered taking her own life, after she received serious backlash following her appearance on Celebrity Big Brother.
The 36-year-old falsely accused Coronation Street star Ryan Thomas of “deliberately” punching her inside the CBB house last year.
The former Emmerdale star later admitted she was wrong, and publicly apologised for making the accusation.
Over one year after the incident, Roxanne spoke about the backlash this morning on The Jeremy Vine Show.
When asked if she considered taking her own life following the scandal, Roxanne replied, “Yes.”
The actress also watched back clips of her on CBB, and said: “Looking back at those clips it’s awful. It was a really awful time for a lot of people.”
“It’s only now that I watch those back that I realise how far I’ve come and what a bad place I was in.”
“I never want to be that person again.”
Roxanne Pallett opens up about life since the CBB incident that destroyed her reputation a year ago – and says the last time we saw her she was considering taking her own life.@TheJeremyVine | @Channel5_tv | #RoxannePallett | #JeremyVine pic.twitter.com/C3NiUHzrs2
— Jeremy Vine On 5 (@JeremyVineOn5) September 13, 2019
“I never want be that person again. I never want to react like a situation like that.”
“If I can do anything now it’s to make sure no one else does makes the same mistakes I have. Because it can happen to anyone, and it happened to me,” she said.
“I chose to go on on that show. I put myself out there and I made a mistake in the public eye. I don’t blame people for saying what they felt.”