Prince William could be set to walk Meghan Markle down the aisle at his brother Prince Harry’s wedding.
According to reports, the former actress’ father and brother have not been invited to the Royal nuptials, which will take place on May 19 at St George’s Chapel in the grounds of Windsor Castle.
The Daily Star has reported that Meghan’s half-brother Thomas Markle Jr, who was accused of putting a gun to his girlfriend’s head during a row last year, did not get an invite to the wedding.
A source told the paper, “I think it is because he just can’t seem to keep his mouth shut. If he would quit talking to the media, Meghan would probably be more into the idea of inviting him.”
Meanwhile, it’s also been reported that Meghan’s father, Thomas Sr, didn’t make the guest list either.
Another unnamed source told The Star, “She’s also worried about how he would handle it as he’s become even more of a recluse.”
“Not to mention the fact that there has been some bad blood between Harry and Thomas after Harry made comments about her finally getting the family she never had.”
According to reports, Meghan wanted her mum to fill her dad’s shoes on her big day – but the Royals have suggested that William do it instead.
“Some of the royals aren’t happy about the idea, so they suggested that William do it,” the source added.
The news comes after Meghan’s sister Samantha claimed that Meghan abandoned their bankrupt father.