Meghan Markle’s father will officially no longer attend the Royal Wedding this weekend.
Thomas Markle Snr initially said he wasn’t coming because he “didn’t want to embarrass” his daughter, but later told website TMZ that if doctors allowed him he will walk her down the aisle.
Meghan’s father has claimed he suffered a heart attack six days ago, and now has been told he will need to undergo surgery tomorrow.
Thomas will have surgery on Wednesday, telling TMZ “They [doctors] will go in and clear blockage, repair damage and put a stent where it is needed.”
He added that he thinks he suffered a heart attack after the stress of reading his son’s open letter to Prince Harry last week – which blasted Meghan.
It comes after Thomas was caught staging photographs for US paparazzi.
Check out the latest episode of The Daily Goss: