RTÉ have announced that Gavin James will perform at it’s free open-air concert at the National Museum of Ireland Collins Barracks on Friday 21st September as part of Culture Night with RTÉ.
The free two-hour concert will feature an exciting mix of live music, theatre, comedy and poetry from both established and emerging Irish artists.
The concert will be presented by Sean Rocks and broadcast live on RTÉ Radio 1’s Arena from 8pm – 10pm and streamed live on rte.ie/culture.
Dublin Bus is running free buses every 20 minutes from Dublin City Centre (Aston Quay, USIT Office) to the National Museum of Ireland Collins Barracks (Route C) from 6-11pm.
Concert highlights include:
- Gavin James – Will perform new single, Glow and Linger by the Cranberries
- Villagers – Conor O’Brien will perform A trick of the light from their new album
- Stefanie Preissner – The writer, actor and columnist will perform a piece about heartbreak
- Waterford Whispers – Will perform their unique brand of news, live
- Members of Horslips & Paul Muldoon – New poetry and music in a unique collaboration, specially written for this concert
- Mick Flannery & Amanda Coogan – Music and performance combine, for the first time, to create a poignant reflection on the struggles of women in Ireland
- Alma Harrak – Performance from the 14 year-old self-taught pianist and Syrian refugee
- Mango X Mathman – The best in Irish hip hop with orchestral and choral arrangements
- Claudia Boyle – ABBA classics from the talented Irish soprano, with a twist, or two
- Ursula Burns – A live performance from the world’s only harpist-comedian
- Cór Linn – RTÉ’s new youth choir will give their ‘almost’ first ever public performance
- Sarah Crossan – Author, poet and Ireland’s ‘Laureatte na nÓg’ will read, accompanied by the RTÉ Concert Orchestra, and introduce emerging talent, Natalya O’Flaherty
- Nava – The world’s only Irish/Iranian trad act will continue to explore a unique sonic landscape between the ancient musical cultures of Ireland and Persia
- Doireann Ní Ghríofa – Recital from award-winning bilingual poet, in both Irish and English
- Moxie – A performance – with special guests – from musicians creating a new brand of Irish music heavily influenced by Electro, Jazz, House, and Rock.