Brendan O’Connor has officially left the Saturday Night Show, and Ray D’Arcy is taking over.
The former star of The Den will officially start his own Saturday night entertainment show next season.
The RTE radio 1 star had been rumoured to host his own show, since switching from Today FM.
Brendan confirmed that he will host ten more episodes of The Saturday Night Show, and then he will not return.
New show: Ray is set to take over Saturday nights
RTE confirmed Ray will be starting his own Saturday entertainment series, saying:
“Ray D’Arcy confirmed for a brand new Saturday night entertainment series this autumn. Brendan O’Connor back with new series in early 2016.”
Brendan has been hosting the Saturday Night Show since 2011.
“Myself and the team are delighted to be going out on a high and I am very excited about inventing a newer, even better show,” he said of his departure.
Moving on: Brendan will take on a new show
Confirming the news on The Saturday Night Show, Brendan said he wants the series to go out on a high.
“We have decided to go out on a high, this will be the last series of the Saturday Night Show, we’re not gone yet, there’s ten more shows,” he said.
“After we beat the Late Late Show that time we’ve kind of proved our point,” he joked.
“We on the team feel liberated now, we’ll have some exciting episodes, because what are they going to do, take us off the air
“And don’t be too upset, I have another show in the works for next season,” he said.